The Development Coordinator for Minaret Foundation will help us work towards our mission by providing development support for our organization.
While the hours are flexible and the position is remote, our work is incredibly important and will serve as the building blocks for strategic community and organizational partnerships for years to come. As it is a work-from-home/beach position, there will be times where your attendance at an event or meeting is needed.
Note: There is an onboarding and training period to help you transition into the role.
- Development of annual fundraising plan that includes grants, major gifts, events, sustainer program, and grassroots giving.
- Support senior staff by attending presentations, funder convenings, fundraising events, and community engagement meetings as needed.
- Work with development staff to engage the board, staff, and volunteers in supporting the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Work as a thought partner with the Director to establish a long-term fundraising vision for the organization to ensure sustainability and alignment with core mission.
- Build upon existing relationships with donors, sponsors, and philanthropic institutions.
- Create and manage direct fundraising appeals, online giving strategies, and oversee the creation of fundraising materials.
- Supervise the work of Development Interns and provide mentorship direction as needed.
- Respect, appreciation, and/or curiosity for ALL faith traditions, ideologies, and political leanings.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic landscape and familiarity with grant research, proposal development, grant reporting, and evaluation practices.
- Ability to self-start, set goals, and objectives and report progress on those goals.
- Basic proficiency in traditional and modern fundraising strategies, donor cultivation, digital fundraising strategies, and grant writing.
- Ability to make decisions and provide input on development trends and best practices.
- Successful track record in an entry-level role with demonstrated success in foundation fundraising, donor engagement strategies, monthly giving, and event execution.
- Ability to generate and implement new, creative ideas to communicate our mission.
- Ability to manage time with great efficiency, and can operate with little oversight and minimal direction.
- Familiarity with tools such as Every Action, Canva, and MailChimp.
- Relevant coursework or field of study.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is part-time between 10 – 15 hours a week. In addition to the hourly wage between $17 – $25/hour, dependent upon experience, you’ll also receive tickets to relevant conferences and select events throughout the year. While we can’t do long vacations at this point in time, we can however offer paid time off during religious and national holidays, and prayers from management if you’re wonderful.
Interested and want to help move our mission forward? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use some elbow grease to set yourself apart.