Podcast Production Internship
Deadline: December 18th
Duration: January 11th – May 7th
The Podcast Production Intern for Minaret Foundation will provide production support for our upcoming podcast series highlight multi-faith conversations in civic engagement and interfaith relations with changemakers.
We’ll prepare interns through hands-on involvement in relevant projects, one-on-one sessions with experts, and strong experiential learning.
Relevant majors: Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism, and Digital Communication.
While the hours are flexible and the position is remote, our work is incredibly important and will serve as the building blocks for strategic community and organizational partnerships for years to come.
You will be provided training with other interns to help you transition into this role.
A stipend is provided at the completion of the program, all expenses incurred will be paid, and if available, we will work with your educational institution to provide credit towards your degree plan.
Please provide a link to a reel or online portfolio in your resume if you have one available, and make sure to communicate your role in any showcased pieces.
- Identify one passion or organizational project, and drive it to completion before the end of the program.
- Run all phases of production for Minaret Foundation’s podcast series.
- Research guests and topics as needed, and share talking points with guests.
- Collaborate with team members on pitches for new series ideas.
- Write individual episode descriptions for listing on podcast platforms.
- Participate in meetings with staff and host as necessary.
- Oversee audio equipment distribution and ensure guests are properly set up to record
- Sit in on recording sessions and ensure high-fidelity audio is captured
- Support distribution efforts via social platforms with the communications department as needed.
- Respect, appreciation, and/or curiosity for ALL faith traditions, ideologies, and political leanings.
- Strong interest in the podcasting world.
- Exceptional research skills with demonstrated understanding of data and digital platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with clear experience in writing engaging content.
- Ability to manage time with great efficiency, and can operate with little oversight and minimal direction.
- Ability to provide the answer to two plus three in the first communication with our organization.
- Candidates should be working toward a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Previous work in radio, television, and/or media production is a plus.
- Experience with Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, and other related tools is a plus.
This position is part-time at 15 hours a week and a stipend is provided at program completion. All organizational expenses will be paid by Minaret Foundation.
Interested and want to help our city move forward? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use some elbow grease to set yourself apart.