Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator for Minaret Foundation will provide social media, website, and marketing support for our organization and its working groups.
While the hours are flexible and the position is remote, our work is incredibly important and will serve as the building blocks for strategic community and organizational partnerships for years to come. As it is a work-from-home/beach position, there will be times where your attendance at an event or meeting is needed.
Note: There is an onboarding and training period to help you transition into the role. We will also provide educational opportunities at the outset.
- Own the social media strategy and collaborates with stakeholders to craft compelling content for our organization and partners.
- Develop content, solicit updates from other departments, and maintain the website as needed.
- Create, post, and monitor organic and paid content across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Work regularly with staff members and community partners to develop and maintain an editorial calendar for various channels and audiences.
- Uses an array of software for social media marketing, social listening, and analytics.
- Constantly monitor social interaction and respond as needed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Stays informed of industry and market trends and make recommendations to increase engagement with Minaret Foundation social media.
- Tracks social engagement and other relevant metrics, and provides an analysis of social, web, and promotional metrics.
- Creates social personas for each channel to guide the creation of content that resonates with the target audience.
- Encourage and educate staff, volunteers, and community partners about engaging with Minaret Foundation social media.
- Attends events and participates in special initiatives in order to craft intelligent social content, some of which may occasionally require evening/weekend time.
- Works closely with staff to coordinate coverage of events, and captures photos and video as needed.
- Continuously learn new strategies through certification programs, workshops, and other educational opportunities funded by Minaret Foundation.
- Create content for weekly emails, stakeholder emails, and donor newsletters.
- Respect, appreciation, and/or curiosity for ALL faith traditions, ideologies, and political leanings.
- Ability to generate and implement new, creative ideas to communicate our mission.
- Well versed in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Exceptional research skills with demonstrated understanding of data and digital platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with clear experience in writing engaging content.
- Must provide the answer to two plus four in our first communication in the very first line.
- Ability to manage time with great efficiency, and can operate with little oversight and minimal direction.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop is a plus, but not required.
- Basic proficiency with MailChimp, WordPress, and Canva.
- Early adopter!
- Relevant degree or field of study.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is part-time between 15 – 20 hours a week. In addition to the hourly wage between $14 – $17/hour, dependent upon experience, you’ll also receive tickets to Islamic conferences and select events throughout the year.
You’ll also receive educational opportunities with certifications paid by our organization. While we can’t do long vacations at this point in time, we can however offer paid time off during faith holidays, and dua’s from management if you’re wonderful.
Interested and want to help our city move forward? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use some elbow grease to set yourself apart.