Let’s change the world together.
The Outreach Coordinator for Minaret Foundation will be pivotal in recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to support our mission, projects, and programs. This position’s primary responsibility will be to ensure volunteers’ effective and efficient engagement, fostering a positive and rewarding experience for both the volunteers and the organization.
Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Remote, except for meetings and events
About Minaret Foundation
At Minaret Foundation, we’re building capacity on food insecurity, child welfare, and religious freedom policies. Our mission is to leverage our faith beliefs to change the world around us through multi-faith and civic engagement. Our vision is to see a world where our faith communities seek each other’s help to create change as the norm instead of the exception.
“Pursue something so important that even if you fail, the world is better off with you having tried.” – Tim O’Reilly
- Volunteer Recruitment: Develop and implement strategies to attract a diverse pool of volunteers by leveraging various recruitment channels such as online platforms, community events, social media, and partnerships with educational institutions and community organizations.
- Volunteer Training and Orientation: Design and deliver comprehensive orientation and training programs for new volunteers to ensure they have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities, and organizational policies.
- Volunteer Coordination: Assign volunteers to appropriate projects, programs, or events based on their skills, interests, and availability. Maintain an up-to-date volunteer schedule and effectively communicate assignments and changes to volunteers.
- Volunteer Supervision: Provide ongoing support, supervision, and guidance to volunteers, ensuring they have the necessary resources and tools to perform their duties effectively. Recognize and address any challenges or concerns faced by volunteers, offering solutions and support as needed.
- Volunteer Retention and Recognition: Develop and implement strategies to enhance volunteer satisfaction, motivation, and retention. Recognize and appreciate volunteers’ contributions through various means such as volunteer appreciation events, awards, and personalized acknowledgments.
- Volunteer Database Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of volunteer information, including contact details, availability, skills, and volunteer hours. Regularly analyze and report on volunteer statistics, trends, and impact to the Executive Director.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: Collaborate with program managers and staff to identify volunteer needs and develop appropriate roles. Establish and maintain positive relationships with community organizations, educational institutions, and corporate partners to expand volunteer recruitment and engagement opportunities.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies governing volunteer engagement. Develop and maintain volunteer-related policies, procedures, and documentation, including volunteer agreements, waivers, and code of conduct.
- Professional Development: Stay updated on best practices in volunteer management and non-profit sector trends. Attend relevant workshops, conferences, and networking events to enhance professional knowledge and skills
- Respect, appreciation, and/or curiosity for ALL faith traditions, ideologies, and political leanings.
- Ability to manage time with great efficiency and can operate with little oversight and minimal direction.
- Previous experience in volunteer management or a related role within the non-profit sector.
- Ability to self-start, set goals and objectives and report progress.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of volunteers, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate volunteers.
- Proficient in using volunteer management software and databases.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and ethical standards related to volunteer engagement.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
Our Workplace Environment:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we offer the following workplace conditions:
- Remote, forever. Our organization has always been remote, and we have no plans on taking on office space.
- Flexible hours. Our staff has the flexibility to design their schedules between Monday through Thursday and anywhere from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (CST).
- Four-day work week. We believe in long weekends and more time for yourself! Our office hours are only Monday – Thursday.
- Parent, child, and student-friendly. Do you have an exam coming up, taking care of an elderly parent, or need to be there for your children? Do what you need. No questions asked.
- Values and morals driven. Our work is driven by our faith values and rooted in the idea that we should help all people, regardless of our differences. No matter your position with us, you will be in a role to help effect change.
- No door policy. Power is gained by sharing knowledge, not hoarding it. Everyone has open access to anyone in the organization and can influence projects.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is remote, part-time, up to 15 hours a week, with the possibility of additional hours within two months of hire. The hourly wage is between $20 – $22/hour. While we are unable to provide healthcare assistance at this time, we are actively working towards this goal, along with a range of additional benefits.