Are you a leader within your Muslim community in Texas? We’d love you to join us as part of the first advocacy day for the 88th Texas Muslim Coalition on Tuesday, March 14th from 10:00a – 2:00p.
We are a statewide network of Islamic organizations with the purpose of lifting the Texas Muslim voice in the 88th Texas Legislature. For our advocacy day, we are focused on three bills:
- The creation of the Texas Muslim Heritage Month
- No standardized exams during religious holidays (HB 1883)
- Parental notes for religious holidays (HB 1212)
To date, we have masajid and community organizations from the Houston, Austin, and Dallas/Fort Worth areas who are participating.
Our steering committee is led by:
- Sohail Syed – Cypress Islamic Center (Houston)
- Nasruddin Rupani – Ibn Sina Clinic (Houston)
- Eiman Siddiqi (Austin)
- Mujeeb Kazi – North Texas Islamic Council (Dallas)
- Mohammed Elibiary (Dallas)
- Faizan Atiq – Islamic Society of Greater Houston (Houston)